KMS Host Key
Install Volume Activation Services Role on Windows Server
To release your own KMS server, you require to set up the Volume Activation Services function on any of the hosts running Windows Server 2022, 2019, or2016 If you currently have a KMS server on Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019, you can utilize this existing server (in this case, this area can be avoided).
- Install the Volume Activation Services function on your server from the Server Manager console or utilizing the PowerShell command:
Install-WindowsFeature -Name VolumeActivation -IncludeAllSubFeature-- IncludeManagementTools
- Enable the Windows Firewall guideline that permits to access the KMS server:
Enable-NetFirewallRule -Name SPPSVC-In-TCP(this opens access to the server on TCP port 1688).
Activating KMS Server on Windows Server 2022/2019
Next, you require to copy your individual KMS Host Key from your Microsoft account on the Volume Licensing Center site and trigger your KMS server utilizing this secret.
- Sign in to your account on Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center(VLSC) site and go to License -> Relationship Summary -> Select License ID for your Active License agreement -> Product Keys Copy the KMS host secret for Windows Server 2022; KMS Host Key for Windows Server 2022 is called Windows Srv 2022 DataCtr/Std KMS(or utilize the Windows Srv 2019 DataCtr/Std KMS secret for the previous variation of Windows Server 2019 if you do not have Software Assurance membership). Constantly utilize KMS Host Key for the optimum variation of Windows Server offered in your individual account. KMS server triggered with a more recent secret will have the ability to trigger all previous variations of Windows.
- Install the KMS host secret utilizing the following command in the raised command timely:
slmgr/ ipkTip If you currently have a KMS crucial triggered for a previous variation of Windows Server on this server, you need to initially eliminate it utilizing the command:
- Activate your KMS server in Microsoft:
slmgr/ ato(the server should have direct access to the Internet to the Microsoft activation servers a minimum of throughout the activation). Or you can trigger the KMS server by phone (for this you require to run the visual Volume Activation Tools from the Server Manager);-LRB-
- If you wish to release the SRV record of the KMS server in your DNS (for automated search of the KMS server by customers), run the command:
- Restart the Software Protection service:
Restart-Service -Name sppsvc
- If you are going to utilize this KMS server to trigger Microsoft Office items, you require to set up the license plans for the Office variations you have. You can discover the comprehensive guidelines in the post KMS activation for Microsoft Office 2019/2016);-LRB-
- Make sure your KMS server has actually been triggered effectively. Run the command:
slmgr.vbs/ dlvCheck the following worths in the command output: Description =
VOLUME_KMS_WS22 channeland License status =
- Now you can utilize your KMS server to trigger all supported Windows beginning with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 (have actually formally reached completion of Support) and as much as the most recent variations of Windows 11 and Windows Server 2022).
Updates to Extend KMS Support for Windows Server 2022 and 2019
You can utilize KMS hosts with previous variations of Windows Server to trigger more recent variations of Windows Server 2022 or2019 There are a number of constraints.
The KMS host (CSVLK) for triggering Windows Server 2022 and Windows 11(and all previous variations of Windows) can just be set up on Windows Server 2022, 2019, or 2016 ( WS 2012 R2 is not supported).
You require to set up extra updates on Windows Server 2019 or 2016 that extend KMS assistance for Windows Server2022 In April 2021, Microsoft launched an unique upgrade KB5003478 This upgrade is contributed to the most recent cumulative updates for Windows Server. This suggests that you just require to set up any cumulative Windows Server 2019/2016 upgrade launched after June 2021.
- Windows Server 2019— KB5003646(June 8, 2021) or later on
- Windows Server 2016— KB5003638(June 8, 2021) or later on
If you have just a Windows Server 2019 KMS host secret, it will trigger all Windows variations as much as Windows Server 2019 and Windows10 You can set up such a KMS secret on Windows Server 2019, 2016, or 2012 R2.
Install these updates on Windows Server 2012 R2:
- KB3173424— Servicing Stack Update, July 2016;-LRB-
- Any Windows Server 2012 R2 cumulative upgrade launched after December 11, 2018 (KB4471320) or more recent.
The following updates are needed on Windows Server 2016:
- KB4132216 — Servicing Stack Update, May 2018;-LRB-
- Any Windows Server 2016 cumulative upgrade launched after November 27, 2018 (KB4467681) or more recent.
After setting up updates and restarting the KMS server, you can set up a brand-new KMS Host Key on it and trigger it as explained above.
If you have actually not set up updates to support KMS activation of brand-new variations of Windows Server, then when you set up a brand-new Windows secret Srv 2022 (or 2019) DataCtr/Std KMS utilizing the following command, a mistake will appear: